At tonight's last night's Culver CIty Council meeting, the council members will vote on whether voted to transform Parcel B into 250-person ice skating rink between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day this winter.
Specifically, the council will decide whether decided to approve a license agreement with the Willy Bietak Productions that includes the following provisions:
- Operating hours from Noon to 10:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday; Noon to 11:30 p.m. Fridays and 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. on weekends.
- Bietak will be responsible for all costs associated with operating the ice skating rink including staffing, installing and removing the rink, signage, pitching tents (for the skate shop, box office, and lockers), portable restrooms, city permit fees and the establishment and use of utilities.
- Bietak agrees to pay the City’s standard rate of $500 per week to rent Parcel B and to remit 10% of the net proceeds generated by the ice skating rink’s operation.
- Bietak agrees to maintain insurance and to name the City as additional insured and to hold the City harmless from any claims of liability associated with their operation.
- Bietak agrees to accommodate Delancey Street Foundation by providing a portion of the site for a Christmas tree sale lot.